Monday, April 4, 2011

One Day Without Shoes T-Shirt Tutorial

Tomorrow is One Day Without Shoes! And as I told you in my previous post, I will keep you updated on what Riley and I do to celebrate ODWS!

This morning we made the t-shirts we are going to wear tomorrow. If you also want to make a ODWS t-shirt, here's how to do it:

You will need:
  • Paper to cover your work area
  • Your size t-shirt
  • Black and light blue fabric paint
  • Tape
  • The stencils (PDF found here under Sticker/Stencils tab)
  • A lot of card stock sheets
  • An x-acto knife (or a fancy cutter-outer machine which I do not own)
  • Tape
  • Foam brushes
  • Yours and your child(ren)'s feet (optional)
First, get ALL of your materials together and ready. You don't want to be running around getting stuff in the middle of your t-shirt project when wet paint and possibly young children are involved! ;)

Print out your stencils onto the card stock and cut out the black parts with an x-acto knife. (side note: I could not show this step in a picture because I absolutely suck at cutting anything out with an x-acto knife. I think it should probably be illegal for me to even use one it's so bad) :(

Then you will position and tape your stencil on to your shirt.


IMPORTANT: Before you paint, put a piece of card stock inside your shirt between the two places you plan on painting. This will keep any paint from leaking on to the other side of your shirt.

Using your fabric paint and foam brushes, paint the stencil design on to your shirt. *Then remove the stencil from the shirt ASAP before the paint begins to dry! You will not ruin your design when you do this! If you wait until it dries, the paint will act as glue and some of the paper will come off on to the paint and you will not be able to get it off!!*

This is the FRONT of Riley's shirt.


The same design is on the BACK of my shirt.

Let the paint dry.

If you want to have a design on both sides, then flip your shirt over and paint your design on the back. Peel off the stencil.

And if you want a foot print on your shirt, paint your foot with fabric paint, then stick it on your shirt really good and peel it off. Then wash all the paint off your foot. ;)









Riley and I will be wearing our "foot-print shirts" tomorrow in celebration of One Day Without Shoes! I hope you can celebrate with us, too:)

 P.S. Peep my new siganture^!:D

No comments:

Post a Comment